I’ve been meaning to post about Pseudonymous High School Teacher’s Helping Hands challenge for a while, and I figured what better time than right after a 20SW “Pay It Forward” episode? My ways of contributing to my community are small this year, but as they say, “Size doesn’t matter.” (Or is it “the thought that counts”?) Either way, here’s what I’m doing:
- Donating money to my old elementary school so they can build a new library.
- Volunteering to serve food on Christmas Day with my mom.
- Donating winter clothes to GoodWill.
Maybe these things won’t bring world peace or cure any diseases, but I think every little bit counts. If you agree, join me and PHST and the others who started this project.
There are “rules,” but I’m putting a twist on them. Here’s my version:
- Find a way to spread holiday cheer. Big or small, doesn’t matter.
- (Optional) Blog about it and/or post a comment here.
- Challenge others to do something too.
Happy holidays, everyone. I wish you all the best!