Mon Oct 5 2009

My little guy's not so little anymore

Dear Riley,

practically begging to model 006

Thanks for putting up with me.

riley night 001

And cheering me on when I stay up late to write.

Beth's puppies! 006

I’m not going to say too much more, because I wrote you a letter just last week, and you can’t even read. But I wanted to let you know how much I cherish you, how much you’ve enriched my life, and how even though I’m sure lots of people will think, “Omigod it’s just a freaking dog,” I don’t care. Watching you mature from a puppy into a dog this past year has been an incredibly rewarding experience. You’re not perfect, but you’re a lot better than I ever could have hoped or expected, considering I was partly responsible for raising you.

St X with Riley 006

You make me laugh. You keep me company. You create adventure. You remind me not to take anything too seriously.

Thank you. And happy 2nd birthday, buddy.

Love,
Momma

filed PhotostagsTags:
Comments
  1. Todd Newton says:
    Mon Oct 5 2009 at 8:20 PM

Aww nice. Happy birthday pup. He’s super cute.

Thanks for the comment today, btw.
    .-= • Recent post by Todd Newton: fiction =-.

2. Pseudo says:
    Mon Oct 5 2009 at 10:56 PM

Oh. This is just too too sweet. Every little bit of it. Happy Birthday Riley ; -)
    .-= • Recent post by Pseudo: Dear President Barack Obama… =-.

3. MKL says:
    Tue Oct 6 2009 at 5:44 AM

Hehehe.. the last pic is cute! Happy burrday and woof woof! :P
    .-= • Recent post by MKL: Who are you, really? =-.

4. Les says:
    Tue Oct 6 2009 at 10:39 AM

Aww he’s awesome. Happy Birthday little man!
    .-= • Recent post by Les: Yawwwwn =-.

5. Krista says:
    Tue Oct 6 2009 at 12:16 PM

happy birthday, riley! he’s so cute!

i’m glad you posted this…now i don’t feel so bad about the draft i started last night that i esentially a love letter to my cat for taking care of me when i was sick. animals are so awesome. <3

6. Angela says:
    Tue Oct 6 2009 at 12:48 PM

I LOVE the photo of him watching you while you write. Does he do that often? I love how they always seem to silently (and not so silently..) cheer you on!

Tue Oct 6 2009 at 12:52 PM

Haha, well that’s his “Momma, stop poking that metal thing and come play with me!” face.

But yeah, he often curls up right there until I’m done writing for the night, then we both move into the bedroom to sleep. :)

8. Natalia Maldonado says:
    Thu Oct 8 2009 at 9:43 AM

That first picture is just too adorable!

It’s definitely NOT “just a freaking dog.” My dog keeps me company every day I work from home. She curls up right behind my desk, and adds a nice soundtrack of snores when I get into my writing groove.

9. Margot says:
    Sun Oct 11 2009 at 12:02 PM

Again, can I please dognap him? Well I guess it wouldn’t be dognapping if I ask first. Miss you!

10. RenaissanceTrophyWife says:
    Sun Oct 11 2009 at 6:50 PM

Too cute for words! Riley’s lucky to have such a loving mom. :-)
    .-= • Recent post by RenaissanceTrophyWife: Putting it in Perspective =-.

$1.99 at Amazon, B&N, iTunes, Sony, Kobo, Smashwords