Alrighty roo, as I say to Riley at least three times a day. I’m peacing out, cub scouts. Headed to the Emerald Isle. No, that’s not from Wizard of the Oz. I’m talking about Ireland! Yep, the land of leprechauns and (more importantly) POTATOES.
Andy has to go to Ireland for business this week, so I decided to tag along and make a vacation of it. I leave today and will return on Tuesday, but never fear, Mandy is here! Or at least, she will be. Guest blogging for me.
Depending on the internet situation in Ireland, I may also try to drop a line myself.
In the meantime, here are all the latest drugs that the cool kids are doing:
- My friend and fellow writer Eric was recently published!! Check out his excellent story, “My Wakeup,” at the Splinter Generation.
- Angie and I have a new Just Between Us column up. I wrote this one about writing. Is that lame? Wait, don’t answer that yet! Read it and let me know what you think.
- RedAdept, an avid Kindle reader I met at KindleBoards.com, has kindly (Kindle-ly?) reviewed my short story “The Eraser.” I really appreciate the honest feedback and the publicity!
- Artist/writer Keri Smith asks: Is the wealth of information on the internet ruining our ability to take risks?
- Last but most definitely not least, Alexander Chee reminisces on the “writing life,” and in particular, being a student of Annie Dillard’s. (Via the inimitable moonrat)