- I’m doing another giveaway, this time of 3 books: CASTING OFF by Nicole Dickson, ORYX & CRAKE by Margaret Atwood, and FREE FOOD FOR MILLIONAIRES by Min Jin Lee. So far only 2 people have entered, lol, so the odds are ridiculously good. Doesn’t anybody want free books?!
- Fellow writer Amanda Kendle runs a great little travel blog called Not a Ballerina. (Aussies really embrace travel. They could teach us uptight, workaholic Americans a thing or two.) In her latest post she gives a lot of love to my Galapagos write-ups! Check it out.
- Shreve Stockton (of Daily Coyote fame) has a personal blog, Honey Rock Dawn, and the other day she wrote a great post about “breaking” her horse Flicka. But it’s also about art and love. Definitely worth a read.
- In her post “3, 2, 1 … JUMP” Shari describes with perfect idealistic joy the way I feel about writing. Oh, some days when bad news or self-doubt creep in, it’s hard to remember what this is all about. But that’s exactly why I love her post. She reminded me.
- Last but not least, the NYTimes talked to several famous authors about their (gasp) abandoned novels. Some were forsaken forever; some just for, you know, a few decades. As always, you gotta love Stephen King:
“Look, writing a novel is like paddling from Boston to London in a bathtub,” he said. “Sometimes the damn tub sinks. It’s a wonder that most of them don’t.”