“Spring Break” in San Francisco

Back in 2007, when Andy and I went on our very first trip together, my mom said it would be a good test for us. That you learn a lot about your compatibility with someone when you travel with them.

Five years later, at a chic Italian bistro in the North Beach neighborhood of San Francisco, Andy says out of nowhere, “I think my favorite thing in the world is traveling with you.”

SF Alcatraz 020
 Classic San Fran icons.

SF Fisherman's Wharf and Mission District 046
I’m obsessed with jellies.

SF Fisherman's Wharf and Mission District 088
Typical SF houses in the Mission District. (I felt like I was in Lola and the Boy Next Door!)

SF Exploratorium 012

SF Muir Woods and MOMA 011

SF Muir Woods and MOMA 035
Andy realizing that 300-400 ft. trees are really, really tall.

SF Muir Woods and MOMA 038

SF Muir Woods and MOMA 074

SF Muir Woods and MOMA 089
I could not stop thinking about the boats commercial from HIMYM

SF Muir Woods and MOMA 095

17 thoughts on ““Spring Break” in San Francisco

1. gingermandy says:

D’awww, you guys are adorbs :)

San Fran is near the top of my list of places I HAVE to visit in the US, I’ve been all over Cali and sadly still have never made it there.

Hehe, thanks. Although if I were tell the *complete* story, I would have to confess that half an hour after he said that, we were having a very heated discussion about how to raise our future children. Not *fighting* per se, but definitely not agreeing. :P

Still, I think we’ve learned how to fight “nicely” over the years, and I’m quite proud of that. It wasn’t a blemish on the evening or anything, and we laughed about it while walking back to the hotel.

My favorite part of California is the Big Sur coastline just a bit south of SF. I’m looking forward to making it back out there again one of these days.

4. Julia says:

When were you in SF? Are you still here? I’m less then half an inch away on the map. (Only an hour on the actual road.) Come up to the wine country. Or I’ll come to you. If you’re still there…

Julia and Sherrie-
    We’re back in Cincy now (as of last Sunday, actually) but now I know why Cali has such good vibes: YOU TWO are there! ;)

Julia, I really wish I had remembered you were so close! I would have loved to have gotten together.

6. Sandra says:

That is just so sweet of Andy to say that. It is always great to travel together with someone you get along with. I think that is why you the photos of the places you visited are just so interesting. Thank you for sharing. I look forward to learning about your next trip.

What what what? You came to SF and didn’t tell me! Forget it. I’m canceling my trip to Cincinnati now :) But seriously, you should have told me you were coming! I would have loved to have encroached on your romantic spring break. Guess you’ll just have to come back soon.

Sorry! Gah, I accidentally dissed Les too, when I went to Denver without saying anything. It’s just that I never remember where my blog-friends live. It’s like I just think of you guys in my computer, lol.

Sometimes I feel like I live in a computer, but really I live in a house across the bridge from San Francisco, and you’d better call me next time you’re in town! :)

Comments are closed.