Fri Feb 1 2013

January in photos

Snow dunes. Moss.
#dog #whplookingup Turning over an old #leaf.
Paint with all the colors of the wind. Meet Savanna, the 6.5 month old, 38 pound cheetah that I hung out with tonight. (Took everything in me not to snuggle and/or steal her.)
Companion shot to #kristanhoffmanpinkleaves. On your mark... get set...
The right direction. #WHPfromwhereistand #nofilter And the crowd goes wild.
Empty #nest. Watching the snowfall.
Still standing. Ed Sheeran (@teddysphotos) was fucking awesome.
My childish sense of humor. Drive by.
We wrote ours. Aim high.

That last picture of Riley is part of what I sent to Noah, a 12-year-old boy suffering from bullying and depression, whose mother made an appeal for letters of encouragement. If you can spare a moment, maybe you’d like to send him a note too.

filed Photos
  1. mandy says:
    Fri Feb 1 2013 at 12:26 PM

The “Hi Noah” photo for Riley is so cute, you must be a miracle worker to get a pup to sit like that while there are treats all across the floor (or just good at training your dog, lol).

2. Melissa Crytzer Fry says:
    Fri Feb 1 2013 at 2:32 PM

Oh, Kristan … I loved ALL of your photos. Thanks so much for sharing. And I’m off to send Noah a note (my nephew, also, has been bullied).

3. Elissa J. Hoole says:
    Sat Feb 2 2013 at 12:20 PM

What a cool glimpse of your month! It inspires me. :)

Sun Feb 3 2013 at 3:23 PM

Thanks, y’all!

Mandy-
    LOTS of training. Also, the photo doesn’t convey sound, thank goodness, or you’d hear his pathetic little occasional whimpers. :P

Mon Feb 4 2013 at 9:14 AM

Tis cold, isn’t it? Although your track pictures make me think of summer…..

Tue Feb 5 2013 at 10:57 AM

Yeah it’s been a weird warm-and-cold winter.