Thu Feb 7 2013

Over-thinking doesn’t work

Over-thinking doesn't work

filed RandomtagsTags:
  1. mandy says:
    Thu Feb 7 2013 at 10:07 AM

so much easier said than done, but so damn true.

Thu Feb 7 2013 at 10:08 AM

Very true. I think of this in relation to editing (because that’s what I’m doing now). You can definitely over-edit something and take the life out of it (this happens in recording music, too).

3. Mieke Zamora-Mackay says:
    Thu Feb 7 2013 at 10:38 AM

Hear, hear. Just do.

Fri Feb 8 2013 at 8:06 AM

So true, so incredibly true.

5. mmd says:
    Fri Feb 8 2013 at 11:48 AM

I needed this today!

6. Trisha says:
    Fri Feb 8 2013 at 12:34 PM

Uh-huh

Fri Feb 8 2013 at 2:43 PM

Really? Nothing you’ve “over-thought” has ever worked out for you? I find that hard to believe.

Fri Feb 8 2013 at 11:34 PM

Kristan, love the handwritten blog posts! I also think there’s value sometimes in doing less. Sometimes we can work too hard at something and just taking a step back and produce surprising results. All easier said than done, of course.

Sat Feb 9 2013 at 10:15 PM

Sonje-
    I think you’re missing the point. :P

Meghan-
    Thanks! And YES: “I also think there’s value sometimes in doing less.”

10. Julia says:
    Mon Feb 11 2013 at 1:12 AM

James Dean once said that acting was like developing film. To develop properly it had to be exposed to some light, but too much exposure ruined it. I think that’s true of many things, including thinking and doing. It’s all about balance.

Tue Feb 12 2013 at 8:20 PM