Sun Feb 24 2013

Paris in photos

If you’re friends with me on Instagram, then you probably know that I spent last week in Paris. (And this post will be entirely familiar to you, sorry!) The trip was Andy’s xmas present to his mother, and for some reason I got to tag along. (Yay!) Here are a few highlights of what we saw (and ate), including a brief foray into London:

Hello, gorgeous. The one and only.
The incomparable Orsay. Day 1 #macarons.
Obligatory Louvre photo. Obligatory Sacre Coeur photo.
Excellent first courses at La Maison de Verlaine. Obligatory Eiffel Tower photo.
My first time at Versailles. Tomb of the unknown soldier.
Ferris wheel at the Tuileries. French onion soup, beef carpaccio, & black truffle risotto at Le Castiglione.
"Big Ben," but not really, because Big Ben is actually a bell you can't see. Obligatory London Eye photo.
Tower Bridge, which is NOT London Bridge, but IS the most iconic bridge of London. Escaped the biting winds with hot chocolate and fish and chips at Rock and Sole Plaice.
On the banks of the Seine. Luxembourg gardens.
Epic final meal with my family. Clockwise: foie gras pâté, mozzarella and sun-dried tomatoes, duck confit, beef tartare, lamb with flaming rosemary (!!), and white fish. "Yum" doesn't quite do this justice. All good things must come to an end. Macarons for the flight home. Au revoir, Paris. We had a lovely and delicious time.

filed Photos
  1. Pseudo says:
    Sun Feb 24 2013 at 5:32 PM

HI Miss! I decided to look at the back office of my blog for the first time in a year. I will look for you an Instagram! And how wonderful that you got this trip. The photos are amazing. I miss your writing and hope you are doing well with that. aloha.

2. T. S. Bazelli says:
    Sun Feb 24 2013 at 7:01 PM

Awesome photos, and lucky you! :)

Sun Feb 24 2013 at 10:16 PM

Your pictures are just beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing them and letting us all live vicariously through you. Glad you had such an amazing time! :)

4. mandy says:
    Mon Feb 25 2013 at 9:50 AM

I love these photos! All that delicious food made me insanely jealous.

5. Margot says:
    Mon Feb 25 2013 at 12:04 PM

Kristan, these photos are stunning!!! So jealous you go to go to the City of Lights, looks like you had an amazing time!

6. Melissa says:
    Mon Feb 25 2013 at 12:58 PM

Lovely photos – looks absolutely wonderful!

7. Juliann says:
    Mon Feb 25 2013 at 1:10 PM

Gorgeous photos! They bring back many fond memories for me. I hope you had a fabulous time. Wait. What am I saying? It’s Paris! How could you not? :)

Mon Feb 25 2013 at 2:04 PM

Ah Paris. The only place outside of North America that I’ve ever been to (yes, I am lame). I was there for a month when I was 24, and I would definitely go back–especially now that I know a tiny bit of French!

Tue Feb 26 2013 at 9:19 AM

Thanks, everyone!

10. Julie Maughon says:
    Tue Feb 26 2013 at 5:22 PM

I don’t mind seeing these again AT ALL. :)

11. Rachele Alpine says:
    Sat Mar 2 2013 at 8:45 PM

Love your pictures and love Paris! That’s where I went for my honeymoon! There are some great YA books about Paris (Anna and the French Kiss, Just One Day, and Revolution are my favorites!).

12. Michelle Muckley says:
    Mon Mar 4 2013 at 6:07 AM

I just nominated you for the Inspiring Blogger awards!! http://michellemuckley.blogspot.com/2013/03/inspiring-blogger-award.html

Mon Mar 4 2013 at 9:11 PM

Rachele-
    I’ve read ANNA, but not the other two — yet! They are DEFINITELY on my list.

Michelle-
    Aw, thank you!

14. Joy says:
    Thu Mar 7 2013 at 1:05 PM

Loved seeing Paris through your eyes <3 It's definitely on my bucket list of places to go! Now I must ask…what was the best thing you ate there??

Fri Mar 8 2013 at 10:07 PM

Best TYPE of food? Or best place? Personally I loooooved the foie gras pate, as well as the macarons obviously.