Tue Mar 12 2013

February in photos

Curled up. Gong xi fa cai! Happy Year of the Snake, y'all.
Raindrops keep falling on my head... #whpumbrellas Winter buds.
Happy Fat Tuesday! Woof
Neighbor of the feline variety. Offshoots.
Happy Valentine's Day! :) Riley's #1 love? Kibbles.
2-17 032 lock bridge 2 2-17 039 orsay 3
2-18 034 mona lisa 2 2-19 007 eiffel
Fortune cookie wisdom.

filed Photos
  1. Trisha says:
    Fri Mar 15 2013 at 8:52 AM

Fun.

Fri Mar 15 2013 at 5:10 PM

I love the photo of the tourists in silhouette behind the clock. Also, the photo of the people taking the photo of the Mona Lisa. Why does everyone have to take the same picture, anyway?

Fri Mar 15 2013 at 8:38 PM

Thanks, Jon! Yeah, the photo of the people taking photos of the Mona Lisa turned out better, I thought, than my photo of the Mona Lisa itself. (Herself?) I did take that photo, though. I suppose we are all compelled by the idea of “should.” One should see the Mona Lisa, and one should have proof of it.

Sat Mar 16 2013 at 2:26 PM

When I went to Paris, I stayed with a French friend, and when she took me to the Louvre, she was like, “I suppose you want to see the Mona Lisa. The big star of the Louvre! Well, there she is.” Then she waved her hand disinterestedly in the direction of the crowd (much like in your photo) and wandered away while, yes, I went and looked at the big star.

That’s all I think about when I see that painting. ;)

As an aside, I never understand why people take photos of famous paintings? Why not just get a print or a postcard or download a perfect, unobstructed photo from the internet?

5. Juliann says:
    Sun Mar 17 2013 at 1:53 PM

Beautiful photos, Kristan. Looks like February centered on Paris and Riley. Sounds like a good month to me.

Mon Mar 18 2013 at 2:54 PM

Sonje-
    I dunno, I think taking your own photo is more personal, even if (or maybe because?) it is imperfect. That said, I don’t take a lot of photos in museums, because it’s hard to capture art with that extra degree of removal.

Juliann-
    Yup, “Paris and Riley” about sums it up, hahaha.

Fri Mar 22 2013 at 12:15 PM

These photos are all so fantastic! They always make me want to play with my camera more and try Instagram. But ah, one more thing I don’t have time for right now!