Wed Jan 8 2014

Querying Club

For those of you following along with my journey as a writer, I’m happy to say that I have recently joined the Querying Club. Unfortunately, the first rule of Querying Club is that you do not talk about Querying Club. (This is also the first rule of Fight Club, On Submission Club, Forgot to Brush My Teeth Club, and I Don’t Know How to Pronounce the Word “Vinyl” Club.)

Things I can’t tell you about Querying Club:

Things I can tell you about Querying Club:

Even though I’m being a bit coy about the process for now, I hope to be able to talk more about it in the future. In the meantime, I’ll add that the help and support of my crit group, as well as my writer friends who have walked this path before me, has been invaluable.

filed Reading/WritingtagsTags:
  1. T. S. Bazelli says:
    Wed Jan 8 2014 at 12:18 PM

That was all of 2013 for me (and also why I’ve been more quiet than usual). Best of luck! It’s a crazy crazy ride.

Wed Jan 8 2014 at 4:34 PM

Oh reeeeeally? Hehe. Check your DMs in a sec. ;)

Wed Jan 8 2014 at 6:14 PM

Color-coded spreadsheets are the BEST. I swear, mine looks like a Crayola factory exploded all over it. :)

Fingers are crossed so, so tightly for you!!

Wed Jan 8 2014 at 9:04 PM

Thanks, same to you!

5. solvangsherrie says:
    Thu Jan 9 2014 at 2:00 AM

Querying has to be the least fun part of being a writer, but the payoff in the end is fantastic. Best of luck!

Thu Jan 9 2014 at 7:10 AM

Wait a minute — you mean there’s more than one way to pronounce “vinyl?”

::looks around nervously, suddenly worried that I’ve been saying it wrong::

Anyway, quickly changing the subject, congratulations! (I’m assuming some of the other rules of Fight Club don’t apply to Querying Club, though.)

Thu Jan 9 2014 at 8:39 AM

Thanks, y’all!

8. Juliann says:
    Thu Jan 9 2014 at 1:32 PM

Ooooh. I LOVE querying. Must be the salesperson in me. :)

GOOD LUCK!

Thu Jan 9 2014 at 1:35 PM

Haha, thanks! You’re one of the few people I know who feels that way.

10. Ben L. J. Brooks says:
    Thu Jan 9 2014 at 1:49 PM

Best of luck! Was definitely my least favorite phase of the whole process (so many ups and downs out of nowhere), but something tells me it’ll be behind you for good soon enough. Fingers crossed!

Thu Jan 9 2014 at 2:03 PM

Thanks! From your lips to fate’s hands… ;P

12. Ben L. J. Brooks says:
    Fri Jan 10 2014 at 2:46 AM

May the odds be ever in your favor =D

13. Natalia Sylvester (@NataliaSylv) says:
    Sat Jan 11 2014 at 1:04 PM

Oh, I can’t wait till one day I get online and see your awesome news (because I know it’ll happen!). Good luck :)

Sat Jan 11 2014 at 1:05 PM