Mon Jul 21 2014

Jennifer Weiner on writing, feminism, and her daughters

Last month, I made a spur-of-the-moment decision to go see Jennifer Weiner at Joseph-Beth Booksellers. I needed a little pick-me-up, and there’s something so inspiring about watching an author interact with her fans. Especially when the author is as smart, funny, and genuine as Jennifer.

Jennifer Weiner at Joseph-Beth 002

Highlights:

filed Reading/WritingtagsTags: ,
    Mon Jul 21 2014 at 5:06 PM

I saw Jennifer last year (at an event with Sarah Pekkanen, actually) and really enjoyed hearing her insights. She’s such an amazing champion for writing and feminism. You just can’t help being inspired, you know?

Tue Jul 22 2014 at 9:35 AM

Oh, how funny! Maybe they’ve become friends. And yes, Jennifer is great. I’ve seen her once before, in a panel setting, so I knew I was in for a treat. :)

3. Juliann says:
    Tue Jul 22 2014 at 10:15 AM

I’m sorry I missed hearing her speak. I enjoy her writing and like you, Kristan, love to watch/hear authors interact with their readers. Thanks for the recap!

Tue Jul 22 2014 at 10:29 AM

Aww! I know, I’m always missing great authors because I forget to check in with Joseph-Beth’s schedule… Glad you enjoyed the recap though!

5. Jonathan says:
    Tue Jul 22 2014 at 1:05 PM

This looks like a cool bookstore! Glad that so many people are excited about authors and writing.

Tue Jul 22 2014 at 4:20 PM

“skinny women falling in love” with guys, specifically (though the guys don’t have to be so skinny).

I just saw a survey today and women falling in love with each other, even skinny, are still pretty underrepresented.

Wed Jul 23 2014 at 11:14 AM

Jonathan-
    Joseph-Beth is one of my favorite bookstores! And not just because I got engaged there… ;P

Wed Jul 23 2014 at 11:15 AM

Anthony-
    Good points! So true.

Sat Jul 26 2014 at 7:51 AM

I was just watching DEBS, so it was on my mind. That’s a fun movie, but it didn’t exactly start a trend. :-)