Sat Jun 8 2013

Why delay?

saving good stuff

filed Reading/WritingtagsTags:
    Sat Jun 8 2013 at 9:38 PM

Pretty much the mantra of those of us who post our fiction as we write it. :-)

2. Weekly Links | Ginger Mandy says:
    Sun Jun 9 2013 at 10:25 AM

[…] + This is a really good point! […]

Sun Jun 9 2013 at 5:09 PM

Agreed!

4. Rachele Alpine says:
    Wed Jun 12 2013 at 8:21 PM

I love this! So so true! *Off to go eat some of the good stuff! ; )

Thu Jun 13 2013 at 11:07 PM

That’s the attitude I’ve been taking with my produce lately! I realized that I buy all this great food with plan to make this delicious dish “one of these days” and then half of it goes rotten. So I’ve stopped “saving” food. I eat it as soon as possible after I buy it, figuring I’ll be buying more in the next couple of days anyway. I know this wasn’t the intent behind that quote, but I guess it could apply to anything.

6. Julia says:
    Mon Jun 17 2013 at 9:51 PM

I agree. I’ve never been good with deferred gratification. (This could explain why I’m not a Christian – be good now and get rewarded later. Hmmmm. Not so much.) On the other hand, I am by nature frugal. As a result, I use/spend/share the good stuff in spurts. I’m working on smoothing out the process. Another 50 years and I should have it down.

Tue Jun 25 2013 at 8:15 PM

Meghan-
    Oh man, I totally know what you mean! I buy cherries, or lettuce for salad, and then completely forget about it until it’s gone bad. :( Good idea to apply this philosophy to that!

Julia-
    Lol. Maybe none of us will ever get it down in this lifetime. But isn’t that the point? To try harder and do better over time? :)