1. It looks a lot like mine when I’m revising :( It’s normal!

2. Oh, I feel your pain.

3. Julia says:

That looks remarkably like the inside of my head, only it’s in 3-D. What I can’t figure out is, who is that person with the pink marking pen and why does she keep writing all over my brain.

4. Ben says:

That’s about what mine looks like, except your handwriting is way nicer than mine, and you don’t have any doodles of horses or ducks.

5. linda says:

YOU HAVE SUCH NICE HANDWRITING! < this is what i think every time i see a photo with your writing, haha :)

I agree with Linda – that’s always my first thought about your writing, too. At least the revision craziness looks pretty? ;-)

7. Juliann says:

I think it might be easier to just start from scratch! ;)

8. Jenn says:

That’s a sight that will make any editor smile :)

9. I work less and less on paper, but that’s about what it used to look like. Except, of course, for the handwriting :-)

And mine used to be multicolored. Each set of comments in a different color.

Nowadays it’s comments and more comments in Kindle files. Not that different, really.

10. kaye says:

There’s a kind of quiet beauty in the marking up of a story; layers and layers of thoughts. I know that editing is hard and frustrating, but I find this kind of beautiful.

11. I love this. Proof that writing isn’t always perfect–it’s messy and a little all over the place and full of do-overs, but beautiful all the same.

12. Becky Wallace says:

Nice. At least the pen is a happy color!

T.S.-
    Is it? Haha dunno if that’s comforting or alarming.

Julia-
    Lol!

Ben-
    You know, I’ve never been much of a doodler. As a student, I was too Type-A for that — couldn’t stand little pictures and scribbles ruining my notes. And now as an adult, I dunno, I guess I’m just not fun. :P

Linda and Shari-
    Haha thanks!

Juliann-
    Oh don’t tempt me…

Jenn-
    Your comment made me smile!

Anthony-
    Oh man, I don’t think I could type fast enough on a Kindle to be satisfied with that route. Power to you, though!

kaye-
    *smile* Your comment = perfection.

Natalia and Becky-