Murals of Cincinnati

Sometimes beauty is hidden right in front of our eyes. Sometimes we need to explore our own backyards.

A few weeks ago, Andy and I did just that, taking ourselves on a self-guided tour of the many murals that adorn downtown Cincinnati. We saw only a fraction of them, and this is only a fraction of what we saw. Such a wealth of public art. This city is truly rich.

Cincinnati mural walk 000

Cincinnati mural walk 001

Cincinnati mural walk 007

From the mural on the side of Jean-Robert's Table. Snails for dinner, anyone? #cincinnati

Cincinnati mural walk 012

Cincinnati mural walk 013

My most favorite mural in #cincinnati. Dimension, history, beauty.

This little guy (below) attempts to capture all of the murals, as well as some of the city’s major landmarks. I love how clever and colorful it is.

Cincinnati mural walk 016

Then, these are not murals, but fun little oddities that I spotted during our walk. (The second one is a Totoro car!)

Cincinnati mural walk 009

Cincinnati mural walk 010

Last but not least, I tried my hand at the fun faces we saw in one of the sweets-themed murals.

Cincinnati mural walk 002

Cincinnati mural walk 003

Cincinnati mural walk 004

Yeah, haha, I’m a doof. Life’s too short not to have fun.

1. Beautiful! And you’re so right. Have fun :)

2. dianewfeng says:

Cool murals, and funny faces ;).

Lol thanks. I think Funny Faces are my specialty — purposefully or not…

3. Wonderful. I love the one you identify as your favorite. Reminds me of a story I saw a while back about an artist who paints on sidewalks and streets — descending staircases and holes and so on — and people walk around them rather than “fall in.”

And the whole things reminds me of some of the wonderful decorated buildings on South Street in Philadelphia.

Hah, that sounds delightful! Reminds me of this guy: https://www.instagram.com/davidzinn/

4. I love the artwork in Cincinnati. It rarely gets the recognition it deserves.

Agreed! I’m trying to do my part to stop and appreciate it more often. :)

The last picture is my favorite — so fun! It instantly made me smile! :)

Haha glad to hear it!