A little humor

Because I love art, I am offering the following ideas for paintings to all struggling artists out there. Some of those artists may be thinking, Hey, I’ve got good ideas of my own. Really? Then why are you struggling?

Saturday night I decided to select an issue of the New Yorker at random from my stockpile, and I happened upon “Ideas for Paintings” by Jack Handey. I don’t know anything about Mr. Handey except that Aisha used to quote him on occasion, but the beginning of this piece definitely made me laugh. (It trails off as it goes along.)

Anyway, I’m thinking I should make it a point to read certain parts of the New Yorker online every week. I don’t enjoy having magazines pile up in my house, nor did I care about 75% of the content, but I think the other 25% is probably worth my time. Since, you know, the New Yorker is the holy grail of writing and all.

9 responses to “A little humor”

  1. phhhst Avatar

    I find myself reading more and more magazines and newpapers online too.

    phhhst’s recent blog post: Let’s Go to the Movies

  2. Kristan Avatar

    Yeah, I mean, it’s environmental, and quicker (in terms of delivery). Plus I can easily copy & paste (or bookmark) to save things I like!

  3. kasie Avatar

    LOL. That was funny. I like to read articles and stuff online too. But will never get behind the whole e-novel thing. I like to hold my novel and cuddle up with it in bed….okay, that sounded bad. You know what I mean. I like to relax when I read.

    kasie’s recent blog post: Ice What?

  4. Kristan Avatar

    You know, for FREE, I will read a book online, but otherwise I’m with you: I’d rather have the book. Not only is it more of an experience, but it’s just easier on the eyes!

  5. Krista Avatar

    i read most magazines online, and the local paper, too. but yeah, i really love holding onto a book. and any kind of catalog. i looove catalogs. (wait, this is off subject)

    Krista’s recent blog post: starbucks

  6. Kristan Avatar

    Lol catalogs, eh?

  7. Aisha Avatar

    Haha that’s a good quote, I take the undertone as ideas without proper execution (or no execution at all) are just ideas. Or maybe it was just a joke lol

  8. Kristan Avatar

    Yeah, I could see that as a jab about not taking action. I just took it to mean they had crappy ideas, haha.

  9. Aisha Avatar

    Haha yeah, that’s probably what he meant, Jack Handy never really had a serious side.