Alrighty roo, as I say to Riley at least three times a day. I’m peacing out, cub scouts. Headed to the Emerald Isle. No, that’s not from Wizard of the Oz. I’m talking about Ireland! Yep, the land of leprechauns and (more importantly) POTATOES.
Andy has to go to Ireland for business this week, so I decided to tag along and make a vacation of it. I leave today and will return on Tuesday, but never fear, Mandy is here! Or at least, she will be. Guest blogging for me.
Depending on the internet situation in Ireland, I may also try to drop a line myself.
In the meantime, here are all the latest drugs that the cool kids are doing:
- My friend and fellow writer Eric was recently published!! Check out his excellent story, “My Wakeup,” at the Splinter Generation.
- Angie and I have a new Just Between Us column up. I wrote this one about writing. Is that lame? Wait, don’t answer that yet! Read it and let me know what you think.
- RedAdept, an avid Kindle reader I met at KindleBoards.com, has kindly (Kindle-ly?) reviewed my short story “The Eraser.” I really appreciate the honest feedback and the publicity!
- Artist/writer Keri Smith asks: Is the wealth of information on the internet ruining our ability to take risks?
- Last but most definitely not least, Alexander Chee reminisces on the “writing life,” and in particular, being a student of Annie Dillard’s. (Via the inimitable moonrat)
9 responses to “Like crack, but better”
Ireland? Awesome! Where are you going? My advice – find a way to rent a car and drive around the countryside. And drink plenty of Guinness (for strength).
Nenagh for Andy’s work thing, and then Dublin for the weekend. Thanks for the advice! :P
Dublin is fun, too. Make sure you get down to Temple Bar (where all of the pubs are) and have a pint or two for me :)
.-= • Recent post by Simon: Long Exposure Magic =-.
oh, I’m so jealous! I’ve always wanted to go to Ireland, as my grandfather was from there and his whole family still lives there. Maybe one day. *Sigh*
have fun though, and take pictures!
Have fun in Ireland! One of my neighbors is Irish, as in born and raised in Ireland. I LOVE listening to him talk! LOL I’ve never been to Ireland or Great Britain. The best novel I ever read was “Like” by Ali Smith, and she is Scottish. One day I hope to make it across the pond to Scotland…
.-= • Recent post by Sonja: World’s cutest correspondence =-.
Ohhhhh you lucky little… Enjoy your trip, take lots of pictures!
.-= • Recent post by Les: Bobbins and needles =-.
potatoes are from ireland?
have a GREAT time and be good :) take lots of pictures! you know how jealous i am…
Looking forward to hearing all about Ireland. Definately is on my bucket list.
.-= • Recent post by Pseudo: Know Your Boobies =-.
You’re spoiling me. Have a good time.
.-= • Recent post by Eric: On Coffee =-.