This just in

I was in the middle of writing a completely different blog post for today, but then

I GOT MY FIRST REQUEST FOR A PARTIAL!!!!!!!!!

(Translation for non-writers: A literary agent asked to see a synopsis and the first 3 chapters of Twenty-Somewhere. This is a good thing. A very, very good thing.)

Andy’s reply to my ecstatic email:

SWEET

You are more successful at writing than fishing

Fortunately, that appears to be true.

Man, I feel like someone shot me full of adrenaline. Which would probably be fine if I hadn’t just downed a can of Pepsi too. Now I’m going to be jittery all afternoon…

Jittery and grinning like an idiot.

1. Yay! Enjoy it, and don’t forget the jittery happy feeling:)
    .-= • Recent post by Natalie Whipple: Saturday Sketch =-.

2. Todd Newton says:

Awesome!
    .-= • Recent post by Todd Newton: Valentine’s Day 2010, my thoughts =-.

3. Les says:

Jealousy and much much encouragement! Congrats and hold on to that happy feeling!

4. Congrats! That is so very exciting! : )

And it’s okay to grin like an idiot. You got a request for a partial! I think that calls for grinning like an idiot for at least a week…. yeah, definitely a week! : D

5. Aurora says:

sick! you should probably preemptively retire, to celebrate. =D
    .-= • Recent post by Aurora: The evolution of a blogger, Part 2: Why I don’t want to be a popular blogger =-.

6. Ah, congrats! (Found your blog through Natalie’s.) That is a huge deal! You should splurge. Have another Pepsi. :)

Natalie and Les-
    Thanks, I’ll do my best! The St. Martins’ jitters lasted for at least 48 hours…

Kimberly and Samantha-
    A week? Another Pepsi?! I think my muscles would explode from the spasms. :P

Aurora-
    LOL! Yeah, I’ll take that into consideration…

8. Mary says:

W00t! Congratulations, and I hope this leads to many bigger and better things. :)
    .-= • Recent post by Mary: An Asian Celebration! =-.

9. YAY! Hooray Kristan!

10. Aisha says:

Congratulations! Last week I dreamt you had an agent interested in your work :)

Thanks, y’all!

And Aisha, haha, how about next you dream about me becoming a highly successful author? ;D

12. GingerMandy says:

OMG!! you’re on your way to being a famous and successful author and me saying to everyone reading your book “I KNOW THAT GIRL!! WE WERE COMMENTING ON EACH OTHERS BLOGS BEFORE SHE GOT SUPER FAMOUS! YEA THAT’S RIGHT!!”

:) congratulations, love! this is super freaking awesome. now i’m all pumped up. haha.
    .-= • Recent post by GingerMandy: I thought I had no opinion. =-.

Congrats Kristan! It’s funny how good things seem to happen when you’re not even thinking about them. Or I hope that’s how it works.
    .-= • Recent post by Jon: Ivan Passer on Directing =-.

14. Sonja says:

Cool beans! :)
    .-= • Recent post by Sonja: In which I make six spring rolls =-.

Mandy-
    LOL I can’t WAIT for that day!

Jon-
    Is that how it works?? I better stop thinking, then!

Sonja-
    And hot tamales!

16. Savor the moment! How wonderful for you. Congrats!
    .-= • Recent post by Rebecca @ Diary of a Virgin Novelist: The Brooklyn Literati Are Looking! =-.

17. Lindsey says:

Aw, yay for you!
    .-= • Recent post by Lindsey: So I’m lame… =-.

18. Trisha says:

Yay! Good luck!

19. Congrats! Good luck taking the next step!

20. Sarah says:

In the words of our good friend, Throkmorton P. Honeycut, “Hip, Hip, Booraw!” So great Kristan!
    .-= • Recent post by Sarah: Changes =-.

21. Dara says:

So exciting! Keep us updated and good luck!
    .-= • Recent post by Dara: Q&A Time! =-.

22. Mike Chen says:

It’s a nice feeling, huh? :)

Just imagine how you feel when they ask for a full! And hopefully you’ll NEVER experience the crushing disappointment of the follow-up “It’s good but I can’t market this” email. That part sucks donkey balls.
    .-= • Recent post by Mike Chen: A "General" Comment =-.

Mike-
    Funny enough, I got a rejection from my query & sample pages that said basically that, but it made me feel good not bad. She said she genuinely liked my characters, and that I obviously had talent, she just didn’t think she could sell episodic women’s fiction.

24. Angie says:

OMG why did you not TELL ME YESTERDAY?! you know I’m slow on blogs now…
    .-= • Recent post by Angie: Bauhaus Textiles =-.

25. Jay Eckert says:

Doesn’t it feel great, Kristan? You just go on and float on air. Those times don’t happen often enough.
    .-= • Recent post by Jay Eckert: An Analysis of Adverbs =-.

26. Hey, Hey…that’s awesome! I’ll keep my fingers crossed the partial becomes a full…then you’ll really be on a good feeling high!

27. I’m a wee bit late, but that is great! (Wow. I really didn’t mean to go Dr. Seuss-rhyme-time there.) Congratulations! Best of luck to you :-)
    .-= • Recent post by Torie Michelle: On MFAs and Aspiring Poets | Edward Hirsch =-.

28. Kristan, if you’re getting a request for a partial, you’re on the right track. Good luck!
    .-= • Recent post by Theresa Milstein: Kindergarten Quotes =-.

29. Jeff says:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Super late comment from me, but Congratulations! You go girl!

Comments are closed.