Six years (ish)

If you couldn’t tell from the last couple posts, my friend and I took a bajillion pictures in Nashville. Even pictures of taking pictures! How very meta of us.

Nashville 142

I have to admit, it got a bit tedious to stop and pose and smile every five minutes. But I’m so glad my friend made me, because now I have a wonderful record of all the things we did and saw. And for someone with a lazy lousy memory, that really comes in handy!

I’m also glad I wasn’t the only one carrying a camera (as I often am). My friend managed to capture several great shots of me and Andy, something I always wish we had more of. In fact, I’ve told him before, even though we don’t want a “real wedding” (in the hundreds-of-guests, big-poofy-white-dress sense) I most definitely do want engagement and wedding photos. Fancy ones.

These will do for now though.

Nashville - Mengfei's pics 050

Nashville - Mengfei's pics 061

Nashville - Mengfei's pics 056

Congrats on 6-ish years! Now I can keep track of how many years you and Andy have been together because you two apparently hooked up when I produced my firstborn from my loins.

And yes, pictures are good. Which reminds me that I need to get back into the habit of taking more pictures..

2. Trisha says:

So you’re engaged?

Whaaa?? No, I wouldn’t/won’t be so cryptic about something like that! Also, I would get FAAAAANCY pictures, lol. These are just nice pictures. :P

4. Adore these photos…and I know a good photographer (friend) whenever the time is required. :)

PS: I’m guessing Sonje means loins and not lions. Or at least, I hope she did. Otherwise pregnancy is even scarier than I thought…

Good to know, Sarah! (Maybe she can take author headshots for us? ;))

Oh, use your editing powers and fix that for me.

7. Oh my gosh…I totally thought you were engaged too with the post! I was going to do the happy dance. Wait…I’ll do it anyways…six year…hoo-rah!

Such sweet pictures, especially the last one :)

Haha, sorry for the confusion!

10. Such sweet pictures! We have virtually no pics of us as a couple or the three of us as a family – my husband is *always* behind the camera (mad keen photographer) so we have great pics of our son and that’s about it – he’s going to wonder where his parents were growing up!

And am totally with you on the no proper wedding thing. That’s how I always felt and we had a small casual thing and it was perfect. Stick to that plan! And congrats on six years. You are actually ahead of my husband and I by a year!

11. PS The lions thing is not so far from the truth … the pain is a bit like a lion is tearing you apart, IMHO. Until the drugs kick in … not that I’m trying to put you off reproducing entirely. You need to have children so you can (re)discover all kinds of cool books! Mine is *obsessed* with books now and I love it!

12. V P Chandler says:

Awww, so sweet. Thanks for sharing these beautiful pictures. You be sure to do things your way. It’s your life so enjoy it!

Amanda-
    Exactly! I’m never in our vacation pictures because I’m always the one taking them. I need to get better about handing the camera off to someone else.

Thanks. :) Yup, small and casual (tiny really) is what we’re thinking of.

Lol (sort of) about the lion.

VP-
    Thanks, we will!

14. Joelle Wilson says:

Sweet photos.Really like the reflection one. You could always use the reflection part of it as a unique header photo. (lol)

Thanks! And ooo, I love that idea, Joelle. It can be hard to find good horizontal pics. :)

16. Bronnie says:

It’s always nice to have updated ‘couple’ photos! Especially when they can be casual like these ones, and not staged!

Looks like a beautiful spot!

Thanks, Bronnie! And yes, it’s Cheekwood Botanical Gardens in Nashville — gorgeous!

18. jon says:

Such cute photos! I love how verdant Nashville looks. I always imagined it as a big clumsy town.

Your image isn’t totally off. That’s a very specific part of Nashville — the Cheekwood gardens. Most of Nashville isn’t that pretty. (But I don’t mean that in a bad way, just… honest.)

20. Juliann Wetz says:

These are great pictures. I especially like the one of you two sitting on the bank with your reflection in the water. Very nice.

21. melissa says:

Nice! Congratulations! Such nice photos…and look at all that damn beauty! I don’t think I’ve been outside in months…it’s been hovering around 105+ here for the whole summer. Although, looking at the forecast we have a cold front on the way…it should get down to the nineties by the end of the week yeah!!

Melissa-
    Ugh, seriously. We’re not in the 100s, but the 90s are bad enough. Is it fall yet?

23. linda says:

Ooh congrats! Great photos. :) And I totally agree with you about the fancy engagement/wedding photos. I’m always telling my friends I don’t want to get married or engaged just yet, but I’m dying to go on a photo shoot with a cute guy!

Find some photographer friends and volunteer to model if they need practice!

25. Jasper says:

So what are you celebrating by the way? These are great shots; memory alone is none enough to treasure such beautiful scenery. Keep up the good work Kristan, so young and already so talented.

Comments are closed.