My days, as of late

– writing until 3 a.m.
– finally watching How I Met Your Mother
– cat-sitting for my neighbor
– reorganizing our books by color
– not blogging

But here’s the thing: I’m close. Close to the end of the first draft. I won’t say how close, and I won’t predict when I’ll actually be finished, but as all those 2012 doomsday-ers say, THE END IS NEAR.

Be ready.

1. I am with you right up until the organising your books by colour. Now I’m concerned (and not just by your American spelling!). But part of me wants to see a photo.

Oh and most importantly, great work!! So excited that your draft is almost done.

2. Pseudo says:

Yea! First draft almost there. So inspiring to watch your progress.

I got distracted this week with watching all three seasons of United States of Tara on netflix streaming.

3. Ben Brooks says:

Funny, I went to blog today, fully intending to blog this very thing: What am I doing right now, and what do I have in store for the near future?

Instead I got sidetracked and talked about Star Wars toys.

Great progress, and can’t wait to see the finished product! Now, back to work on my own…

Congratulations on making it almost there! I can’t wait to read it.

Yay, yay, yay! Congratulations on being so close, and have the best time wrapping it up. Enjoy every moment :)

(Also, I agree with Amanda – can we see a picture of the books?!)

6. Excellent news (except for the not-blogging part :-) ).

My last girlfriend was always bothered by the fact that my books are completely disorganized. She offered to alphabetize them for me, but I declined. Well, my parents were both librarians, and our books when I was growing up were never organized either.

7. Trisha says:

By color?

8. gingermandy says:

eeeek! so excited for you!

9. sonje says:

That is fantastic! I can tell you’re on a roll now! Finishing is going to be awesome! Okay! Enough exclamation points!

10. Juliann Wetz says:

Exciting!!!

11. Wow…writing until 3 a.m….AWESOME! I love those nights (or mornings) when you’re in the zone, writing so fast and furious that it feels like your fingers are gonna fall off. It’s a writer’s high. Enjoy it!

Thanks, everybody!

I’ll take a picture of our shelves, but I warn you that we don’t have enough books to make the effect totally awesome. Just more awesome than what we had before.

13. Em says:

YAY!! This is so exciting! I usually do my best work at 3 am … it’s quiet and peaceful! Can’t wait to read this book!

14. Samantha says:

Me too, recently I’ve been having short amounts of sleep because of all the things I wanted to do. There is much to do yet so little time especially if 2012 prediction would be true. Time is limited. I wanted to try things and adventures that I have not done yet before 2012 ends just in case.

15. Susan says:

I can’t wait to celebrate with you. You have put a lot of effort into that writing, I am sure it will be amazing.

16. Lucy says:

First draft nearly done? Wow! Hooray!!

17. Virtual high-five!

18. CG Blake says:

Kristan,
    Good luck with your work in progress. I mentioned your recent Writer Unboxed post on my blog today. It really resonated with me since I was finishing up my work in progress and suddenly the cover art arrived for my already finished first novel. I then decided to go back and polish my novel (after seven rounds of line edits). Talk about juggling. Anyway, here’s a link to my blog:

Thanks, y’all!

Em-
    Yup, haha, there are a lot fewer distractions at 3 AM.

Samantha-
    That’s a wonderful goal. Here’s to adventures! :)

CG-
    Aw thanks, I loved your post.

Comments are closed.