• Though it’s completely irrelevant to anything I do, I thought the rules for comic book grammar and talk-bubble design were fascinating. (Via screenwriter John August.)
• I don’t remember quite how or where I found this, but I had to laugh at the Unspoken Rules of Graphic Design. Anyone in a related field would understand. My faves are:
15. If three designs are shown to a client, your least favorite will be chosen, or any combination of the worst components of each.
16. If two designs are shown, a third will be requested. If provided, then one of the first two will be chosen.
17. If you ask for more copy it will be sent as a .jpg. If you ask for images they will send PowerPoint presentations.
34. A client who knows exactly what he wants is worse than one that has no idea.
Believe me, it’s all true.
• And finally, these cheerful flowers. Because it’s grey and rainy here, I’m tired, and I want to go home.
Okay, I feel better now.